Monday, October 27, 2008

Eh?

Today, I was pulled out of my artly project of insanely early morning rock carving (Huzzah, for power tools, by the way) and into a senior assembly/advertisement for the Jostens people.
Now, I didn't know it was for Jostens at first. They started out with a speech/lecture of nostalgia and congratulatory gobbeldyblah, and then moved on to the importance of being at graduation, and where we can go from there, and more gobbeldyblah of the inspirational type, and then they so kindly mentioned that in order to get up on the stage, we have to buy the cap and gown from - you guessed it - Jostens.

sdjhfgajhg#$@%!!What the fizz?#$

It's not that I mind the buying of heavy neon green drapery/quirky square hat thing/fuzzy danglewhoozit-which-goes-on quirky-square-hat-thing, but it got me wondering how in the name of baked goods did these people get the monopoly on all the high school crap? And since when did companies get to advertise things in high school auditoriums? This bugs me. I'm not sure why...
And now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure I left the order form in my locker. Ah well, I have until Thursday.

P.S. Also, I am carving alabaster in art. At 7 flipping A.M. and with no muscle. Halp!

No comments: