Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Owchies.

Upon re-reading my last post, I have remembered something possibly more interesting. Last year, I was very much into yoga. For whatever reason, I stopped going to classes over the summer, and last week I picked them back up. Now, for those of you who have ever skipped a yoga class, I'm sure you know how many things you forget how to do.

Now imagine skipping months of classes.

I swear, it didn't hurt this much when I started the class the first time. I know it's just the fact that I'm horribly out of shape and have no muscle, and that it'll go away soon, but the fact is that when I walked into the class last week, I knew absolutely nothing. Couldn't balance, couldn't stretch. I had issues doing dog pose. That's pretty lame. Meanwhile, the person next to me was doing headstands for fun.

I also went this week (I am never forgetting another class for as long as I live, this I swear upon many baked goods), and I swear I did something bad to my shoulder (still hurts). I did, however, redeem my skills in bending by flaunting the fact that I can do a full wheel pose and the rest of them can't. Neener, neener, neener. So for another week, I will remember this and feel smug. At least until next Tuesday and Ms. Balancing Skills does her headstand again. *grumble*

P.S. Tylenol is my new best friend.

No comments: