Wednesday, December 10, 2008

When the fat lady sings, it had better be over.

It has come to my attention that I haven't posted in a while. We can blame this on my massive amounts of French homework, my French teacher (for giving the homework), and the fact that my life hasn't been interesting lately. I apologize to you, my readers, who probably number less than five.

So I dragged myself out of bed this morning at the cheery hour of 5:30, wrestled with whatever clothes smelled clean until I found the armholes, and headed out to the bus stop expecting the normal boring trip to school. It sure seemed normal at first, but I guess I should have known when I saw out of the corner of my eye that the girl in the second seat had a gigantic balloon with a picture of a singing Viking woman and "It's not over until the fat lady sings," in gaudy lettering printed on it. What a fat Viking woman has to do with the rest of this, I have no clue.
A few minutes down the road, we go around a turn, and all of a sudden, I hear,

"HAAAAAAPY  BIRTHDAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! HAPPY BIIIIRTHDAAAHAYHEEEE!!!"

It sounded like a bad attempt to imitate auntie Mary's opera singing. A very bad attempt. And as if the once wasn't bad enough, the balloon continued to sing this EVERY FLIPPING TIME THE BUS MADE A SUDDEN MOVEMENT.  I think by the third time it went off, everyone pretty much wanted to shred the thing. The owner of the balloon wanted to shred the thing.

I'm not quite sure what happened to the balloon (although I imagine it was somewhat violent and involved stabbing), but I didn't see it on the bus ride home. And that is the most interesting point in my week so far.

Oh yes, I'm also creating a tabletop RPG without having ever played one before. My friends seem to be interested. We'll see how that works out.

No comments: